We are all living life, trying to find a balance and searching for happiness. Here are some things I’ve learned to do in order to be happy.
- Make the best of everything. Whatever happens in life, it could be worse. So make the best of it.
- Love yourself. Sometimes we are so busy taking care of others that we forget about ourselves. You need to be full in order to take care of your loved ones.
- Put your electronics away. You need to take a break from all the distractions. You are more likely to find your happy place when you are focused.
- Live in the now. Yesterday’s a memory, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift. Which is why it’s called the present.
- Faith. I have gone through so many ups and downs in my life, just like all of you, my faith has carried me through my toughest times. I’m thankful that I believe in a higher power.
- Help others. Do something every day to help someone else. It doesn’t have to be big, even a smile is an act of charity, you never know how it may impact someone’s day.
- Be grateful. Practicing gratitude will help you see all that you have, instead of focusing on what you don’t have.
- Meditate. Take a few minutes every day to sit in quiet contemplation . There are so many guided meditation apps that will make it easy to do. Meditation allows you to clear your mind and relieves stress.
- Diet & Exercise. Eating clean and moving your body is healthy for both your body and your mind. Having a healthy diet will give you more energy and exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good.
- Find a creative outlet. Do something that you are passionate about, or learn something new. It keeps you balanced.
- Surround yourself with positive people. It’s much easier to be happy with people who see the glass half full. And no negative talk, that means no negative self talk either.
- Set goals. Having goals helps you grow and learn and it keeps you on your toes.
- Travel. When you travel you learn so much about people and cultures. Travel allows you to see that we are more alike than we are different.
- Create a community. Keep in touch with your family, aunts, uncles, cousins. Most of my cousins are my best friends. They are a link to your history. Cherish your friends, especially your long friendships, those die hard, steadfast friends are keepers! I’m so blessed to have both old and new friends that I adore. Relationships take communication, time and love. I hope you have people in your life that think you are worthy of their time, because you deserve it.
I wish you happiness.