Last year we bought our nine-year old something she had been wanting for a long time. Our daughter really loves to write. She is very creative and imaginative. She likes to make up stories and write songs. We wanted to support her love of writing so we bought her an inexpensive no frills laptop.
Sophia also loves to write and receive emails from family. She is only allowed to communicate with her family. It gives her a chance to keep in touch with her grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.
Sometimes she will email my husband and I little notes of how much she loves us. I in return like to email her things I want her to know. Things she normally will not pay attention to in person. I noticed she really reads and re-reads her emails. So recently I put down a few things that I have learned though out my life. I feel it will help her during her journey as she transitions from childhood to adolescence and into adulthood.
Here it is….
- Everyone has a story. You are the writer of your own story.
- Learn from every experience. If you make a mistake, try not to repeat it.
- Believe in yourself.
- Love yourself.
- Respect yourself and others.
- Every single thing that has happened in your life is preparing you for the journey to come.
- Caring, compassionate, loving….describes you my sweet girl.
- Don’t pretend to be what you are not, be proud of who you are.
- God talks to us all the time, first in a whisper, if you don’t pay attention…the whisper will get louder and louder. Make sure you are listening to what God is telling you.
- We are more than what we appear to be.
- Life is all about growing into your best self.
- Your thoughts create your life. Be careful what you think. Always say “I can do it” to yourself. Never doubt yourself. You can do it and you will do it.
- God can dream a bigger dream for you than you can ever dream for yourself. Surrender to God and just believe and then let it go.
- Your intention is everything. Please always have powerful intentions.
- You and you alone have control of yourself. Do your best everyday, always.
- Serve others, this will bring you happiness.
- Be kind and compassionate.
- Be loyal.
- Be a good friend.
- You are not alone.
- You are the possibility of what can be. Everything you want to be is possible. Just believe in God.
- Spend time with your loved ones. Love is everything.
- Stay true to your calling. You will know what that is if you pay attention.
- Everything that you put out into the world is going to come back to you.
- There is an energy flow in life. You are either in flow or out of it. Try to be in flow. Be balanced in your life.
- Be connected to God, always
- Everything passes in its time. Only the soul remains.
- Find out what your purpose is in this life that has been gifted to you.
- Always know that you are loved.
I love you.